Saturday, August 9, 2008

So I'm a firm believer that you need to teach you kids to swim as soon as possible. When Croix was a baby I can't remember how many times he jumped in the pool with all his clothes and shoes on,when he didn't know how to swim. Most of them were in the middle of winter.
So yesturday Chaiz and I were at thwe store a nd he really wanted a scooby doo life vest,so I bought it. We go to my moms house and he wants to put it on,we try it on ,he goes outside. My mom is cleaning the pool and I'm trying to get him to come over to me so I can take his clothes and shoes off. He runs all the way to the middle of the pool and JUMPS!!! The vest keeps his body out of the pool,but he's just floating on his stomach and can't lift his face out of the water. My mom and I are on opposite sides of the pool and both run and jump in. Both of us FULLY clothed. I got him out of the pool and said what are you doing crazy. He replied" I wimming"

2 comments:

Amber said...

Oh Vyanca that is so scary. I just had a friend who lost her 18 month old to a drowning. Glad everyone is okay. Tell your fam hi~

Camrin said...

How have you been? Hope everything is going well for you and your family. It's been too long since your last post.
FYI- You have been TAGGED! check out my blog for more details. :)